Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by P....@CS.unimaas.nl on 2002/04/11 13:31:02 UTC

PorterStemFilter

I built my own analyzer and I decided not to use a PorsterStemFilter. When I
index my documents, this works great (no PorterStemFiletring occurs). But
when I want to search and enter a query, the PorterStemFilter does filter. I
use the same Analyzer for indexing and searching. I have thrown the
PorterStemFilter out the Lucene jar-file, and without an error report my
program works fine(no PorterStemFiltering anymore).
I do not understand this. What about you?
Thanks,
Puk Witte

Re: PorterStemFilter

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You must be doing something wrong, I think.
However, to make sure, you can always run something like this in the
src directory:
find . -name \*.java |xargs grep PorterStemFilter

That will tell you which files mention 'PorterStemFilter'.

Otis