Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/27 15:42:49 UTC

Admin password change - Futon?

Is there a way to change an admin password in Futon? (Only one admin
user so far)

What's the simplest way otherwise?

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Admin password change - Futon?

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 30 May 2011 20:33, Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com> wrote:
> There must be a way to manage this in the CouchOne / IrisCouch interface. Unfortunately I have no clue where exactly it is. Ask them, if you can't find it.
>
> On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Wordit wrote:
>
>> Thanks Gabor,
>>
>> The DB is hosted on CouchOne/Couchbase so I cannot access the file
>> system. Do you mean I can delete the admin user in Futon's config
>> section, then recreate it?
>>
>> The DB is in use for a web app so I don't want to disrupt it except
>> for a minute or so.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com (mailto:rgabo@rgabostyle.com)> wrote:
>> > Edit the [admins] section of local.ini (usually at /usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini but depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password" in plain text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete all admin rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using Futon.
>> >
>> > Gabor

you can update local.ini via curl _config. read
http://techzone.couchbase.com/sites/default/files/uploads/all/documentation/couchbase-api.html
& play around with it. I'll look tomorrow to put a proper example on
the wiki.

A+
Dave

Re: Admin password change - Futon?