Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Jing Ge (Besitec IT DEHAM)" <JG...@besitec.com> on 2009/07/22 16:38:00 UTC

should the IRequestLogger implement Serializable?

Hello all,

I am trying to use the RequestLogger. It is really a greet idea that the
interface ISessionLogInfo is defined. Developer can just implement this
interface for logging more individual information.

My requirement is:

I want to use the instance of IRequestLogger for building a site status
page, which means the IRequestLogger need implement the Serializable
interface.

Does anyone find any drawback for letting IRequestLogger implement
Serializable?

I am using wicket 1.4 rc4

Thx & best regards.
Jing Ge

RE: should the IRequestLogger implement Serializable?

Posted by "Jing Ge (Besitec IT DEHAM)" <JG...@besitec.com>.
Hello Jeremy Thomerson,

For example: I want the site administrator know, for example, how many
users are active now, what are their session looks like, etc.

Thx
Jing

Isn't the logger sort of a service that does the logging?  Your page
shouldn't hold on to that.  Perhaps it can get it from the application
or hold on to something else.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com