Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 06:48:21 UTC

Re: [Wicket-user] Setting date format with the DateTimeFieldcomponent

On 7/27/07, Mark van Leeuwen <ma...@internode.on.net> wrote:
> I saw that method but the member variable dateField (having class
> DateTextField) within DateTimeField is private and there is no getter for it
> so I cannot change the pattern.
>
> At this point it looks like I would have to clone DateTimeField so I can
> make the change.

I added overridable method newDateTextField to both DateField and
DateTimeField so that you can provide construct the date text field in
your own way. Type is still DateTextField though. I didn't see a big
advantage to being more generic than that.

Eelco