Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1995/10/18 14:01:50 UTC

I know this has nothing to do with Apache but...

Does anyone know where I can get wu-ftpd? I've tried wuarchive.wustl.edu
but I can't find it. Web searchers don't seem to be helping much either.

BTW, anyone tried this Hyper-G gadget?

Cheers,

Ben.

A.L. Digital Ltd,
London, England.

Re: I know this has nothing to do with Apache but...

Posted by "David M. Oliver" <da...@newshare.com>.
On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get wu-ftpd? I've tried wuarchive.wustl.edu
> but I can't find it. Web searchers don't seem to be helping much either.

	???  that's odd.  I will try to find and respond to you personally.

> BTW, anyone tried this Hyper-G gadget?

	I tried this from Berlin DE while I was over there first
	half of 1995.   The upside is that "it's all in the server".
	The downside is "it's all in the server".  I like the
	user interface paradigm in their (one-and-only I think)
	browser, but all aspects of the browser have to be Hyper-G
	"aware" - that is, no such thing as "helper apps" which are
	independent of the xaction protocols.  :-(  I think this work
	grew up concurrently with the WWW, and they are hip enough
	to recognize the success of the Web and provide a Web
	interface (you dont get full functionality, but you get
	SOMETHING).  BTW, I think a number of Euro professional organizations
	are using it as their archive handler (i.e. it has found users)

	... oops, lost my URL for it.  I can try to find and post
	if anyone is interested.

dave
| David Oliver                                   dave@newshare.com |
| Managing Director-Technology                Newshare Corporation |