Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/02/27 23:57:22 UTC

FW: [Fwd: regarding the installation problem]

someone care to point this guy towards the clue train?

-jon

----------
From: naresh makwana <na...@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, February 23, 2001 10:26 AM
To: human-response@apache.org
Subject: regarding the installation problem

SIR,
MY NAME IS NARESH MAKWANA.T HAVE DONE JAVA.
I HAVA DOWNLOADED BINARY APACHE TOMCAT3.1 FOR
WINDOW VERSION IN MY C:\TOMCAT.ACCORDING TO
THE DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED BY THE SOFTWARE ,
I HAVE SET THE PATH IN AUTOEXEC.BAT AS PER FOLLOWING.
SET JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.2.2
SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\TOMCAT
AND ADDED JAVA INTERPRETER IN THE PATH.
AFTER DOING ALL THIS THINGS.
***WHEN I GIVE COMMAND IN DOS PROMPT IT GIVES ME
ERROR***
COMMAND IS LIKE THIS
C:\TOMCAT\BIN>TOMCAT START (((AND PRESS ENTER)))
OUT OF ENVIRONMENT SPACE
STARTING TOMCAT IN NEW WINDOW
USING
CLASSPATH:C:\TOMCAT\CLASSES;C:\TOMCAT\LIB\WEBSERVER.JAR.....
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: [Fwd: regarding the installation problem]

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/27/01 3:03 PM, "Adam Fowler" <af...@cc.edu> wrote:

> You need to specify the amount of memory that tomcat starts with. This has
> been explained in the last two days on the tomcat user mailing list
> (tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org) Have a read and follow the instructions.

Sigh. Thank you for answering the question, but SEND IT TO THE GUY WHO ASKED
IT, not to the list. I forwarded that question to this list in order to
hopefully offload some of the silly support emails that I get on a
daily/hourly basis figuring that someone here would actually be able to
answer the question correctly and reply to the guy directly.

p.s. That is not a helpful answer. Plugging in the key words into google
gave me a result, which is:

<http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/operrEnvironmentSpace-c.html>

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>

RE: [Fwd: regarding the installation problem]

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu>.
Hi,

You need to specify the amount of memory that tomcat starts with. This has
been explained in the last two days on the tomcat user mailing list
(tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org) Have a read and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----