Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 22:05:41 UTC

Code coverage results for trunk svn 366406

Hi  All,

I ran code coverage for trunk - svn revision no 366406, and results are as
following:-

OVERALL COVERAGE SUMMARY

Classes: 92%  (1084/1184)
Methods: 74%  (15114/20298)
Blocks: 72%  (467775/651316)

OVERALL STATS SUMMARY
total packages: 76
total executable files: 1135
total classes: 1184
total methods: 20298

The zip file CodeCoverageResults_svn366406.zip with code coverage results
will be posted soon on http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/ (Thanks to
Andrew).

Thanks,
Ramandeep Kaur  (ramandhindsa@gmail.com)

Re: Code coverage results for trunk svn 366406

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I ran code coverage with -Djvmflags='-Demma.verbosity.level=silent -
Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource' as per
Andrew's suggestion, and it did not work.

This time, it passed jvm flag as -Djvmflags="'-Demma.verbosity.level=silentonly.

I have opened JIRA bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1091 for
this problem.

Thanks, Raman

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I tried to run code coverage with j2me/cdc/foundation. Here is the issue:-

To run tests with EMMA, there is a need to set up emma flag -Djvmflags=-
Demma.verbosity.level=silent. This is basically to enable EMMA not to print
out any messages to avoid having any diffs. Now while running tests with
j2me/cdc/foundation, another value needs to be passed as jvmflag as well
which is
-Djvmflags=" Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource".

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.
I ran the code coverage for multiple jvms. Summary is as following:

Environment
------------------
- sun jdk131
- sun jdk142
- sun jdk15
- OS: Windows 2000
- trunk - svn revision no. 373975

Code Coverage Summary
------------------------------------
OVERALL COVERAGE SUMMARY
Classes:  92%  (1106/1196)
Methods: 75%  (15338/20367)
Blocks:    72%  (474503/656406)

OVERALL STATS SUMMARY
total packages: 79
total executable files: 1144
total classes: 1196
total methods: 20367
total executable lines: 134695

After comparing the code coverage results for multiple jvms (sun jdk131, sun
jdk142, sun jdk15) vs one jvm (sun jdk142) for svn revision 373975, the
findings are following:-

Classes coverage:  class coverage remained same.
Method coverage: method coverage increased by 26 methods.
Block Coverage:  block coverage increased by 637 blocks.
Line Coverage: line coverage increased by 145 lines.

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your question.

>Is it possible to combine multiple test coverage runs?
Yes, it is possible to run code coverage for multiple jvms and then combine
all test coverage runs.

>j2me/cdc/foundation
>jdk13
>jdk14
>jdk15

I will run code coverage with the above jvms and will post the results as
soon as they are done.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the numbers.

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 13, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Ramandeep Kaur wrote:

> The zip file CodeCoverageResults_svn366406.zip with code coverage
> results will be posted soon on http://people.apache.org/
> ~fuzzylogic/ (Thanks to Andrew).

The full code coverage results can now be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/codecoverage/366406/

Thanks for doing this testing, Raman!

andrew