Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by dsherrill <ds...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 23:33:09 UTC

downloaded file

I am new to Open Office and additionally not a very tech savy person!  I want to be able to use open office templates to create documents and have downloaded a template from the OO website. but cannot figure out how to get the file associated with OO so I can use it.  The downloaded file is “zipped” and currently resides in my “downloads”.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: downloaded file

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:33:09 -0500
"dsherrill" <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Open Office and additionally not a very tech savy person!  I want to be able to use open office templates to create documents and have downloaded a template from the OO website. but cannot figure out how to get the file associated with OO so I can use it.  The downloaded file is “zipped” and currently resides in my “downloads”.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outside of OpenOffice rename the file type from .zip to .oxt and then doubleclick on it and it should install.  Your browser (Internet Explorer?) is silently renaming the .oxt file to .zip and you must undo this action.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>