Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ivan Chang <iv...@medigy.com> on 2009/08/01 16:04:02 UTC

ColumnFamily config options

Could someone points me to resources/examples how to use the config options
below:

1) Extending index at run time using the Index node

  <ColumnFamily name="foo">
    <Index generator="<some java class>"/>
  </ColumnFamily>
2) In Jonathan's blog example, what are the CompareWith /
CompareSubcolumnsWith attrbutes, what are the possible values and what do
they do?
Is there documentation on this?

<ColumnFamily

Type="Super"

CompareWith="TimeString"

CompareSubcolumnsWith="UUID"

Name="Blog"/>

Thanks,

Ivan

Re: ColumnFamily config options

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Ivan Chang<iv...@medigy.com> wrote:
> Could someone points me to resources/examples how to use the config options
> below:
>
> 1) Extending index at run time using the Index node
>
>   <ColumnFamily name="foo">
>     <Index generator="<some java class>"/>
>   </ColumnFamily>

Index is an obsolete attribute.

> 2) In Jonathan's blog example, what are the CompareWith /
> CompareSubcolumnsWith attrbutes, what are the possible values and what do
> they do?
> Is there documentation on this?

Yes, in the sample configuration file in trunk.

-Jonathan