Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> on 2004/12/22 17:14:32 UTC

Use of schema-id and unique attributes

Hello,

I am wondering one question about schemas and schema-ids.

Let's suppose in my hivemodule.xml, I define a schema outside of any
configuration-point/service-point. I assign it an id for later use.
This schema looks like this:
<schema id="CauchoServicesSchema">
	<element name="publish">
		<attribute name="service-id" required="true" unique="true"
				translator="service-point"/>
		<rules>
			<push-attribute attribute="service-id"/>
			<invoke-parent method="addElement"/>
		</rules>
	</element>
</schema>

Then I define to configuration points that use that same schema:

<configuration-point id="HessianServices" schema-id="CauchoServicesSchema"/>
<configuration-point id="BurlapServices" schema-id="CauchoServicesSchema"/>

My question is simple, in "CauchoServicesSchema", the attribute "service-id"
is declared unique, is it supposed to be unique across ALL uses of that
schema, or inside EACH use of that schema, or stated differently, is the
following configuration allowed or not:

<contribution configuration-id="HessianServices">
	<publish service-id="MyService"/>
</contribution>

<contribution configuration-id="BurlapServices">
	<publish service-id="MyService"/>
</contribution>

My expectation is that it is authorized and perfectly valid (ie, unicity is
defined in the scope of ONE configuration, independently of any other), is
this correct?

Cheers

	Jean-Francois

Re: Use of schema-id and unique attributes

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It would be unique within each use of the schema, that is, within each
configuration-point for which the schema was used.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:14:32 +0700, Jean-Francois Poilpret
<jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering one question about schemas and schema-ids.
>
> Let's suppose in my hivemodule.xml, I define a schema outside of any
> configuration-point/service-point. I assign it an id for later use.
> This schema looks like this:
> <schema id="CauchoServicesSchema">
>         <element name="publish">
>                 <attribute name="service-id" required="true" unique="true"
>                                 translator="service-point"/>
>                 <rules>
>                         <push-attribute attribute="service-id"/>
>                         <invoke-parent method="addElement"/>
>                 </rules>
>         </element>
> </schema>
>
> Then I define to configuration points that use that same schema:
>
> <configuration-point id="HessianServices" schema-id="CauchoServicesSchema"/>
> <configuration-point id="BurlapServices" schema-id="CauchoServicesSchema"/>
>
> My question is simple, in "CauchoServicesSchema", the attribute "service-id"
> is declared unique, is it supposed to be unique across ALL uses of that
> schema, or inside EACH use of that schema, or stated differently, is the
> following configuration allowed or not:
>
> <contribution configuration-id="HessianServices">
>         <publish service-id="MyService"/>
> </contribution>
>
> <contribution configuration-id="BurlapServices">
>         <publish service-id="MyService"/>
> </contribution>
>
> My expectation is that it is authorized and perfectly valid (ie, unicity is
> defined in the scope of ONE configuration, independently of any other), is
> this correct?
>
> Cheers
>
>         Jean-Francois

Howard M. Lewis Ship