Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Meadors <La...@plumcreek.com> on 2002/05/07 18:43:15 UTC

Re: Running an external application from a Java servlet environment

I presume you are trying to run the code on the server?

If so, I did it (with winamp) by creating a play list then calling
this:

Runtime.getRuntime().exec(mp3PlayerPath + " " +
tmp.getAbsolutePath());

I suspect that the WiMP has a similar type of command line that would
do the same thing.

Larry

>>> HelenPringle@netscape.net 05/07/02 10:28AM >>>
Dear People,

I am trying to invoke Windows Media Player from within a Java Servlet
environment using Tomcat however I can only invoke the application but I
CAN'T seem to automatically get it to play any content. I have to
physically type in the path and then WIndows media player will play it.
Is there any way that I can not only launch the media player AND play
the content from within there? If I can't why not? I am guessing that
Java Servlets have only a sandbox environment involved in there!