Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ofbiz ofbiz <of...@gizur.com> on 2011/11/14 22:53:42 UTC

Ofbiz in Retail

Hi,

I'm looking into how ofbiz could be used at a typical grocery retailer.
There are a handful warehouses and some hundred stores.
Is it possible to control the assortment and inventory of stores and
warehouses?

In particular, is it possible to model the often complex packaging
structures often used in grocery retailing?

One example of a product structure could be:
Consumer article
|- Package (x8 Consumer articles)
   |- Half pallet (x5 Package)
   |- Full pallet (x10 Package)
|- Expo pallet (x144 Consumer articles)

All packages should be possible to use in different documents
(purchase/sales orders, invoices etc.)
It should ideally be possible to control what package that a specific
customer can order.

In SAP Retail this would be modelled with UOM. One UOM would consists of
other UOM and inventory would be kept at the base UOM. There are other
models used in Oracle Retail etc.

Can this be modelled in Ofbiz?

I realize this is a comprehensive questions, all help/guidence is greatly
appreciated!

/BR
Jonas

Re: Ofbiz in Retail