Posted to users@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 20:10:20 UTC

Example apps for new components

It would be great to publish tutorials and examples for the new components
[1]

There are numerous committers and contributors who had expressed interest
in writing documentation and tutorials.  Anyone wants to give it a go?

Thanks,
Om

[1]
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/~br=develop/flex-sdk/frameworks/projects/experimental/src/spark

Re: Example apps for new components

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I believe that, along with the Style Explorer came from the Adobe
Consulting group.  We may or may not be able to get those, since they were
done under contract by a 3rd party.  I don't think we had them on our wish
list up to now.

-Nick

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Style explorer too!!
http://examples.adobe.com/flex3/consulting/styleexplorer/Flex3StyleExplorer.html

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Abdul Sattar <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
That might work.  Although, I think there was a recent change to IList that
might cause issues.  It would be better if sample apps can be written with
the full sdk thereby eliminating the chance of missing something.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.
Sure :)

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 23/05/2013 16:05, Carlos Velasco wrote:
> I even think that new components should not be added to the framework until
> an standard minimum doc and examples is provided...
Me to.

Tom

Re: Example apps for new components

Posted by Carlos Velasco <ca...@gmail.com>.
I agree. It is at least as important a good and useful documentation as the
addition of new functionalities.

I even think that new components should not be added to the framework until
an standard minimum doc and examples is provided...

:)

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Flex&Java Developer <
shyamforflex@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
>  I have created a basic component Explorer for the Flexlib library on the
> lines of Tour De flex .
>

> http://shyamsoftblog.blogspot.in/2013/05/flexlib-component-explorerflex-3.html
>
> Can we have a similar kind of project for creating a showcase for the new
> components  till TourDeFlex is donated ? Would like to help in this.
>
>  Regards,
>
> Shyam Sundar Ashok

Yes, please.  That would be awesome!

Even if Tour de Flex is donated, we still need to update it to showcase the
new components.  If you can work on the new components and donate it to
Apache Flex, we can eventually fit it inside the Tour de Flex app.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flex&Java Developer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Posted by Flex&Java Developer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Om ... is there a compiled version of this SDK around? If so, where can I
> grab it?

There is nothing as of today.  But we are trying to make nightly
builds available soon.  Hang tight :-)

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On May 24, 2013 2:16 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

> Well, there's no point putting it on the wiki if a few days later someone
is going to have to scrape it off into an application is there ?

> Tom

The advantage of having it as a web resource is that people can google for
them, and in general would be easier to share.

Also, Tour de Flex doesn't necessarily need be the same exact as the code
examples.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.