Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Artem A. Boytsov" <ab...@w-trade.spb.ru> on 2000/12/09 18:45:33 UTC

Xalan C++ 1.0 on AIX platforms

Hello!

    First of all, I'd like to thank Apache for doing such a great job as
providing a free portable XML and XSL library.

    Here goes the story:

        Here, at w-Technologies, we're using Xerces and Xalan C++
libraries for handling XML documents and XSL translation.
        We have faced serious problems trying to build and use Xalan C++
on AIX platform. We're using IBM Visual Age C++ 5 compiler with its STL
library. We got thousands of compilation errors related to namespaces,
vector iterators (which are assumed to be a simple pointers, what is
strange) and so on. Would you please be so kind and help us get it
running? Please, couldn't you tell us under what circumstances (OS
version, compiler version, STL version and source, configure options and
so on) you _did_ manage ;) to build Xalan 1.0? Any additional steps
should be taken?

        Any information would be highly appreciated.
        Of course, the more exact and detailed your answer would be, the
better.

        Thank you!

Artem A. Boytsov
w-Technologies Inc.