Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Pedro Rodriguez <sk...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/18 04:32:49 UTC

Re: Skew data

I am going to take a guess that this means that your partitions within an
RDD are not balanced (one or more partitions are much larger than the
rest). This would mean a single core would need to do much more work than
the rest leading to poor performance. In general, the way to fix this is to
spread data across partitions evenly. In most cases calling repartition is
enough to solve the problem. If you have a special case you might need
create your own custom partitioner.

Pedro

--
Pedro Rodriguez
PhD Student in Distributed Machine Learning | CU Boulder

ski.rodriguez@gmail.com | pedrorodriguez.io | 909-353-4423
Github: github.com/EntilZha | LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/pedrorodriguezscience