Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mike Mander <wi...@gmx.de> on 2011/09/06 12:04:48 UTC

[Migration 1.5] Is StatelessChecker not providing hints on stateful component anymore?

Hi,

i use StatelessChecker from dev-utils. In 1.4 if a page was not
stateless the checker told me the offending component.
But now in 1.5 i only get this message:
ERROR - DefaultExceptionMapper     - Unexpected error occurred
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: '[Page class =
catalog.request.CatalogRequestPage, id = 5, render count = 1]' claims to
be stateless but isn't. Possible reasons: no stateless hint, statefull
behaviors

The stateless hint for page is set. But it seems that a behavior is
stateful.
How can i identify the stateful behavior?

Thanks
Mike

Re: [Migration 1.5] Is StatelessChecker not providing hints on stateful component anymore?

Posted by Mike Mander <wi...@gmx.de>.
Ah, thanks.

Mike

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
This is fixed in trunk. The fix will be available in 1.5.1

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Mike Mander <wi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> the page itself has no behavior attached. I use a stateless form with
> behaviors on components.
> On first call check is passed. If i don't provide values and press submit
> (validation fails) then
> StatelessChecker complains.
>
> The page stateless flag is set by PageProvider
>    /**
>     * Creates a new page provider object. Upon calling of {@link
> #getPageInstance()} this provider
>     * will return the given page instance.
>     *
>     * @param page
>     */
>    public PageProvider(IRequestablePage page)
>    {
>        Args.notNull(page, "page");
>
>        pageInstance = page;
>        pageId = page.getPageId();
>        renderCount = page.getRenderCount();
>        if (pageInstance instanceof Page)
>        {
>            ((Page)pageInstance).setStatelessHint(false);
>        }
>    }
>
> This was working in 1.4. How can i migrate that?
> Thanks
> Mike
>
>> That message means that you have a stateful behavior attached to the
>> page itself.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Mike Mander<wi...@gmx.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i use StatelessChecker from dev-utils. In 1.4 if a page was not stateless
>>> the checker told me the offending component.
>>> But now in 1.5 i only get this message:
>>> ERROR - DefaultExceptionMapper     - Unexpected error occurred
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: '[Page class =
>>> catalog.request.CatalogRequestPage, id = 5, render count = 1]' claims to
>>> be
>>> stateless but isn't. Possible reasons: no stateless hint, statefull
>>> behaviors
>>>
>>> The stateless hint for page is set. But it seems that a behavior is
>>> stateful.
>>> How can i identify the stateful behavior?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mike

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: [Migration 1.5] Is StatelessChecker not providing hints on stateful component anymore?

Posted by Mike Mander <wi...@gmx.de>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.