Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/03 13:44:46 UTC

How to block default allow egress 53 ?

After deploying ACS 4.17.2 with XCP-NG and Security groups we noticed that
by  default egress port 53 is always allowed. Is there a way to deny that?

At first we thought it was allowed in the user network because the network
provider supported DNS service. However after removing the DNS service and
rebuilding the network the port is still open.

Another issue unrelated to the topic but I thought it may be a bug.
Error pops when creating a new instance via the GUI and specifying IP
address.
the message is "Unable to start a VM due to insufficient address capacity"
However when starting an instance without specifying address works properly.
After some investigation it seems that the IP address value is not passed
properly.

For example:

If the network is 172.20.0.0/16 and we pass a value for the instance of
172.20.0.25 the management-server.log reports that the value passed is
172.20.0.2 which is not valid.

Regards,
Jordan

Re: How to block default allow egress 53 ?

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Swen,

I will open one shortly today!

Regards,
Jordan

On Mon, Feb 6, 2023 at 10:23 AM <me...@swen.io> wrote:

> Hi Jordan,
>
> can you please open an issue in github for the IP bug?
>
> Regards,
> Swen

AW: How to block default allow egress 53 ?

Posted by me...@swen.io.