Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com> on 2003/07/09 16:14:20 UTC

Re: Trouble in mapping the request params to Form bean!

I'm not sure if Struts takes care of automatic conversions, but you should
only be counting on that behavior if you are doing client-side input
validation.  Otherwise if the user inputs, say, an invalid Date, the
conversion will fail.  There might also be a problem with automatic
conversions if the user doesn't input anything (for example, passing an
empty string to the java.math.BigDecimal construct causes an exception to be
thrown), but again I'm not sure.

I think it is a Struts best practice to use only String and String[]
properties.

Hope this helps,

Matt