Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2017/02/27 02:09:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.1-rc1

This is a vote to release Log4j 2.8.1 the next version of the Log4j 2 project.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or more if required). All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

Changes in this version include:

 <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/fae030ae021790d3127eb5d273141c2ecd1f82e5/RELEASE-NOTES.md#new-features>New Features

LOG4J2-1823 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1823>: Remove deprecation on MessageSupplier lambda functions in Logger API.
LOG4J2-1807 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1807>: [core] Add and implement LogEvent.toImmutable().
 <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/fae030ae021790d3127eb5d273141c2ecd1f82e5/RELEASE-NOTES.md#fixed-bugs>Fixed Bugs

LOG4J2-1804 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1804>: Allow %i in file pattern to be preceded with characters other than just '-'. Thanks to Pierrick Hymbert.
LOG4J2-1816 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1816>: Change minOccur to minOccurs in Log4j-config.xsd. Thanks to shubhankar1100.
LOG4J2-1803 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1803>: Fix Maven POM to ensure JMH generated classes in log4j-perf are included in benchmarks jar.
LOG4J2-1800 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1800>: Report errors when sending to Kafka when using syncSend=false. Thanks to Vincent Tieleman.
LOG4J2-1805 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1805>: Fixed rare race condition in FixedDateFormat, made FixedDateFormat::millisSinceMidnight method public.
LOG4J2-1799 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1799>: Fixed bug in PropertiesUtil::getCharsetProperty that caused UnsupportedCharsetException for ConsoleAppender. Thanks to Eduard Gizatullin.
LOG4J2-1806 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1806>: Fix Javadoc for DefaultRolloverStrategy::purgeAscending Thanks to challarao.
LOG4J2-1818 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1818>: Fix rollover to work when filePattern contains no directory components. Thanks to xkr47.
 <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/fae030ae021790d3127eb5d273141c2ecd1f82e5/RELEASE-NOTES.md#changes>Changes

LOG4J2-1822 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1822>: Update SLF4J to 1.7.24.
LOG4J2-1812 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1812>: Improved error message when log4j 2 configuration file not found.
LOG4J2-1810 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1810>: Update to use Logback 1.1.10 and then Logback 1.2 for tests.
LOG4J2-1819 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1819>: Update Jackson from 2.8.5 to 2.8.6.
Tag:
a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/logging-log4j2.git>" and then "git checkout tags/log4j-2.8.1-rc1”
b) for an existing working copy to “git pull” and then “git checkout tags/log4j-2.8.1-rc1”
Web Site:  <http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/index.html>http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/index.html <http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/index.html>

Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1025

You may download all the artifacts by executing:
wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=7 -nH -r -p -np --no-check-certificate https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1025/org/apache/logging/log4j/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1025/org/apache/logging/log4j/>
Ralph

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.1-rc1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Here is my +1

Ralph

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I was pretty busy today with some distributed logging stuff (I think I've
mentioned this recently), so I didn't get a chance to test this out yet.
I'll test it out with some apps at work before submitting a vote on
Wednesday.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.1-rc1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

From src zip distribution: ASC, MD4, SHA1 OK.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Darn, we'll miss each other by 18 hours. Almost indeed!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Shit, I forgot to update the gradle plugin version on the maven artifacts
page (should be .RELEASE not .RC2), but no biggie; that can be committed
after the fact.

Site looks good otherwise. Artifacts are good. Build is good.

+1

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.1-rc1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.