Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kenneth Litwak <kl...@apu.edu> on 2006/05/02 01:13:27 UTC

Exception attempting to expand war

  I've been modifying, undeploying and redeploying through Tomcat's
manager application a web application for days.  Suddenly at about 3 PM
today, after I added a "submit" button in my HTML, I started getting
this on the Tomcat 5 console:

WARNING: Exception while expanding web application archive
SeasonAdminTool.war

Localhost shows:
2006-05-01 15:20:21 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager:
managerServlet.extract[/home/apps/tomcat/webapps/SeasonAdminTool.war]
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
   at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:111)
   at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
   at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:92)
   at
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.extractXml(ManagerServlet.jav
a:1509)

  What could be causing this?  I've stopped and restarted Tomcat.  That
doesn't help. I've rebuilt the war. That doesn't help either.  I didn't
make any code changes that should be a problem for unzipping a war.  I
just don't get it.  Thanks.

Ken