Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/03 12:03:02 UTC

[m2] Server settings ignored when stage-deploying maven site

Hi,

I've got a settings.xml stating something like:
<server>
	<id>maven-sites</id>
	<username>maven</username>
</server>

and a POM with:
<distributionManagement>
	<site>
		<id>maven-sites</id>
		<url>scpexe://<some-server>/srv/www/maven-sites/${groupId}/${version}/</url>
	</site>
</distributionManagement>

Now, when I deploy a site, Maven connects with the remote server using
the given user-id "maven" (see settings.xml above). But if I want to
use the stage-deploy feature, that user-id is ignored and Maven wants
to deploy the staging site using my local user account - which fails
of cause.

My questions: Is this a feature or a bug? Is there a work around
giving me the chance to deploy by using the "maven"-user?

Any hints appreciated!

-Stefan