Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <sv...@steveviens.com> on 2002/01/22 14:45:08 UTC

[jUDDI-developers] RE: jUDDI Task: Log4j implementation of the Logger interface

Alex,

So I spent some time this morning and updated the Ant build script so
that it creates a juddi.war file.  The web.xml document needs some work
(I haven't touched it yet) but the basic directory creation, movement of
resources and 'jar' operation work so you do end up with a 'juddi.war'
file in the juddi-0.6 distribution directory. This can then be dropped
into the Tomcat webapps directory.

I have a statement and a question though. First, I added servlet.jar to
the lib directory so that the build would work - this does not get
bundled into the 'war' file.  Second, the WEB-INF/lib directory contains
the following jar files:

 axis.jar
 hsqldb.jar
 juddi.jar
 uddi4j.jar
 xerces.jar

I assume we also need 'log4j-core.jar' and possibly 'clutil.jar' and
'wsdl4j.jar'. Is that right? I ask because I noticed these two
additional libraries in my 2 month old axis installation.

Am I correct?

Steve

PS: Anything additional should be added to the 'juddi/lib' directory -
the build.xml will pick them up and put them in the correct place.

PPS: I will add the appropriate 'LICENSE' documents to both the
'juddi/lib' and 'WEB-INF/lib' directories in the next day or two (once I
round them up).

Posted by Alex Ceponkus <al...@ceponkus.org>.
No objections, that's what I was also leaning towards .. leave them unless
we are really concerned about an additional 100k.

Posted by Alex Ceponkus <al...@ceponkus.org>.