Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/19 16:32:09 UTC

[scxml-eclipse][scxml-js] New WD and Ecore typo

Relevant to both GSoC projects and Commons SCXML -- a new SCXML WD
came out this week:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-scxml-20100513/

I'll try to list the changes here, but you may want to go through the
new draft and double check.

For the <scxml> element:
 * Attribute "exmode" has been removed
 * Attribute "binding" has been added (valid values "early" and "late")

The above will require minor changes to the Ecore model.

Other changes:
 * <anchor> element - This has been removed, though lets leave this in
the editor for now (as its already in the Ecore model) -- it may be
added back if we have enough implementations supporting it.

Also noticed that the Ecore model has a typo for the <transition>
element in the model (it is called "Translation" instead). Please
correct that.

-Rahul

Re: [scxml-eclipse][scxml-js] New WD and Ecore typo

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
> I have not found a typo for the <transition> element in the model, in
> fact, it is <translation> in current Ecore model, i am a little
> confused.

<snip/>

It should not be "Translation". See lines 8, 10, 36 and 51 here:

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/gsoc/2010/scxml-eclipse/trunk/src/main/java/org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling/model/scxml.ecore?revision=946619&view=markup

It should be "Transition".

Once the spelling is corrected and code regenerated, bits like [1, 2]
should be deleted which got generated with the incorrect name from the
Ecore model.

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/gsoc/2010/scxml-eclipse/trunk/src/main/java/org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling/src/org/apache/commons/scxml/modeling/Translation.java
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/gsoc/2010/scxml-eclipse/trunk/src/main/java/org.apache.commons.scxml.modeling.edit/icons/full/obj16/Translation.gif

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,
I have not found a typo for the <transition> element in the model, in
fact, it is <translation> in current Ecore model, i am a little
confused.

-Gui Xun Long

On 5/19/10, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Relevant to both GSoC projects and Commons SCXML -- a new SCXML WD
> came out this week:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-scxml-20100513/
>
> I'll try to list the changes here, but you may want to go through the
> new draft and double check.
>
> For the <scxml> element:
>  * Attribute "exmode" has been removed
>  * Attribute "binding" has been added (valid values "early" and "late")
>
> The above will require minor changes to the Ecore model.
>
> Other changes:
>  * <anchor> element - This has been removed, though lets leave this in
> the editor for now (as its already in the Ecore model) -- it may be
> added back if we have enough implementations supporting it.
>
> Also noticed that the Ecore model has a typo for the <transition>
> element in the model (it is called "Translation" instead). Please
> correct that.
>
> -Rahul

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)