Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wilfred Springer <wi...@tomtom.com> on 2006/05/05 08:19:59 UTC

XMLBeans Plugin + Eclipse Mayhem

Hi all,

I am using the XMLBeans Maven Plugin in a couple of projects, but using
this plugin in combination with Eclipse is giving me a headache. I was
just wondering if somebody has already solved it.

The layout of my project is a little like this:

project
 +--- pom.xml
 +--- project-xml-binding
          +--- pom.xml
          +--- src/main/xsd/test.xsd
          +----src/main/xsdconfig/xsdconfig.xml
 +--- project-client
          +--- pom.xml
          +--- src/main/java

The 'project-client' module depends on project-xml-binding. The problem
is that client code in 'project-client' does not always see the classes
or source files generated from the XMLBeans plugin. So Eclipse is giving
a lot of warnings for missing class file definitions, I don't have code
completion, and my tests do not always run when running it from Eclipse.

So the question is: how do I make sure that my client code has all of
the class definitions of the 'project-xml-binding' project, and how do I
configure my poms to make sure that eclipse:eclipse is giving me the
proper project settings?

Thanks,

Wilfred

Wilfred Springer | Software Architect | TomTom |
wilfred.springer@tomtom.com | +31 646 720 990