Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Harsh Jain <ha...@cse.iitb.ac.in> on 2005/06/06 04:03:15 UTC

Applications based on James Mail Server

Hi,
  Will you all be interested (i.e will I find a mentor :) ) in applications
built using Mailet Engine of James. I am pretty excited about building a
Election Software that conducts Safe and Secure Elections using Emails.
However, idea of a general framework that can create custom applications
based on XML files would be more usefull perhaps. Comments and suggestions
?

Regards,
Harsh

RE: Applications based on James Mail Server

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Harsh Jain wrote:

> Will you all be interested (i.e will I find a mentor :) ) in
> applications built using Mailet Engine of James.

I believe so, yes.

> I am pretty excited about building a Election Software that
> conducts Safe and Secure Elections using Emails.

I believe that you'd find a lot of interest in such a thing.

> a general framework that can create custom applications based
> on XML files would be more usefull perhaps.

This idea needs more elaboration.  But I believe that we'd be open for any
interesting and generally usable applications based upon JAMES.

	--- Noel