Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Krasimir Chobantonov <kr...@sfb.bg> on 2000/08/09 11:16:38 UTC

about FO and cyrillic

Hello to everybody,

Well I've 1 question about how exactly I can use FO to produce PDF files =
in cyrillic
I have in my computer Courier font in cyrillic and I use this.
I use Cocoon with FOP and in font-family attribute I've written =
"Courier" and in encoding attribute "Cp1251"
But when I touch the document via my Netscape instead cyrillic =
characters in PDF I get # character
Please tell me what's the problem and how can I solve it.=20
Thanks again :-))
Bye Krasi

Re: about FO and cyrillic

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
Acrobat Reader uses its own font files which come with the program and Fop only
supports these 'native' fonts at the moment. Maybe you can manipulate these font files to
display cyrillic characters but this is certainly not a portable solution.

Maybe you want to check out Sebastian Rahtz xsl:fo renderer based on Tex which is
probably much better suited for this kind of text - at least at the moment  ;-) I don't have
the address at hand but you should find it via the usual lists of free xml software.

Fotis