Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk> on 2005/08/16 12:28:14 UTC

Problems starting James

Hi,
I have a problem starting a server, when ever i try to
start server by invoking run.bat file, o allways get
error which looks like:

Using PHOENIX_HOME:   C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\
james-2.2.0
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\
james-2.2.0\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_01

Phoenix 4.0.1

There was an uncaught exception:
--- Message ---
Error building configuration from file:/C:/Documents
and Settings/Lanex/Desktop/
james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml.
--- Stack Trace ---
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException:
Error building configu
ration from file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/jame
s-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml.
.
.
.
Maybe someone know,where can be my problem?
Thanks
ild(ConfigurationBuilder.java:129)

SV: RE: Problems starting James

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
I found the problem, it was IIS server running on my
pc, and by default it runs SMTP, But everything is
fine now.
Thanks for everybody

RE: Problems starting James

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Try running james from a folder without spaces in the path.

Correct.  That might not be the only problem, but the code that handles

	--- Noel

SV: Re: Problems starting James

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
Look at this
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.matrix.org.cn/thread.shtml%3FtopicId%3D7850%26forumId%3D17&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%252Bjames%2B%252BPhoenix%2Bwas%2Bnot%2Bstarted%2Bby%2Bthe%2Bdaemon%2Bthus%2Bit%2Bwill%2Bnot%2Bbe%2Bpossible%2Bto%2Brestart%2Bthe%2BJVM%2Bvia%2Bthe%2BManagement%2Binterface.%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DG,
somedy had the same problem, but im not sure that i
understand the solution explained there..:)

SV: Re: Re: Problems starting James

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
It would be nice, If u can send me staight to this
mail attachment of trunk u have. Thanks

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
Yes it's strange no matter what im doind, still the
same error. Maybe it's something wrong with JDK 1.5?
Which version u are using?
--- Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> skrev:

> > Thats my output after launching it:
> >[..]
> > rethrown from
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "class"
> was already
> > specified for element "accounts".
> >         at

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.cr

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
I tried to run James from other computer with same JDK
version and im getting the same error..

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
Thats my output after launching it:

C:\james-2.2.0\bin>run.bat
Using PHOENIX_HOME:   C:\james-2.2.0
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\james-2.2.0\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_01

Phoenix 4.0.1

There was an uncaught exception:
--- Message ---
Error building configuration from
file:/C:/james-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF
.xml.
--- Stack Trace ---
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException:
Error building
ration from
file:/C:/james-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml.
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.
igurationFor(DefaultDeployer.java:499)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.
DefaultDeployer.java:325)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.
ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:498)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.
ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:491)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.
iles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:476)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.
efaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:466)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.
(DefaultEmbeddor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:1
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.ja

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccess
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMeth
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:94)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:46)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute
"class" was already s
d for element "accounts".
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.cr
ParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fa
r(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:215)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.repor
XMLErrorReporter.java:386)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.repor
XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatal
MLScanner.java:1438)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca
l.scanAttribute(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1027)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca
l.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:851)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca
l$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentSca
l.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.
ML11Configuration.java:834)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.
ML11Configuration.java:764)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XML
java:148)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.p
stractSAXParser.java:1242)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.configuration.ConfigurationBui
ild(ConfigurationBuilder.java:129)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.configuration.ConfigurationBui
ild(ConfigurationBuilder.java:116)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.tools.configuration.ConfigurationBui
ild(ConfigurationBuilder.java:97)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.
igurationFor(DefaultDeployer.java:493)
        ... 15 more
[...]

The log file may contain further details of error.
Please check the configuration files and restart
Phoenix.
If the problem persists, contact the Avalon project.
See
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon for more information.
Shutting down Phoenix.

Re: Problems starting James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.

Re: Problems starting James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
No i didnt do any changes  in config.xml and none
other file, coz like i understood from documentation
it have to start the server without any changes done
and extract files.I places james on C:\james-2.2.0,
but still the same problem..
--- Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> skrev:

> > Here are they:)
>
> Try running james from a folder without spaces in
> the path.
> Have you changed config.xml or james-fetchmail.xml ?
> Can you post your
> changes?
>
> Stefano
>
> > ERROR   2005-08-16 01:37:24.379 [Phoenix.] ():
> Error
> > building configuration from file:/C:/Documents and

Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/jame
> > s/SAR-INF/config.xml.
> > java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
> > ../conf/james-fetchmail.xml
> > 	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
> > 	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
> > 	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityM
> > anager.java:796)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityM
> > anager.java:725)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEnti

tyReference(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1073)
> > 	at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$Fragment

ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1489)

Re: Problems starting James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.
Here are they:)

INFO    2005-08-16 01:37:23.698 [Phoenix ] (): Logger
started
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:23.778 [Phoenix ] (): Phoenix
was not started by the daemon thus it will not be
possible to restart the JVM via the Management
interface.
INFO    2005-08-16 01:37:23.958 [Phoenix.] ():
Installing Sar located at file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.148 [Phoenix.] (): The
file SAR-INF/lib/mm.mysql.LICENCE can not be extracted
from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\lib\mm.mysql.LICENCE
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.208 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/sqlResources.xml can not be extracted from
the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\sqlResources.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.208 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/miResources.xml can not be extracted from
the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\miResources.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.218 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/james-listmanager.xml can not be extracted
from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-listmanager.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.228 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/james-liststores.xml can not be extracted
from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-liststores.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.228 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/james-fetchmail.xml can not be extracted
from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\james-fetchmail.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.248 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountManyUsers.xml
can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents
and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountManyUsers.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.248 [Phoenix.] (): The
file
conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountManyUsersDynamic.xml
can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents
and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountManyUsersDynamic.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.248 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountPerUser.xml can
not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountPerUser.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.248 [Phoenix.] (): The
file
conf/samples/fetchmail/oneAccountPerUserDynamic.xml
can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents
and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\oneAccountPerUserDynamic.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.258 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/samples/fetchmail/maxMessageSize.xml can not
be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\maxMessageSize.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.258 [Phoenix.] (): The
file conf/samples/fetchmail/remoteReceivedHeader.xml
can not be extracted from the Sar "file:/C:/Documents
and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\conf\samples\fetchmail\remoteReceivedHeader.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.258 [Phoenix.] (): The
file SAR-INF/config.xml can not be extracted from the
Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\config.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.258 [Phoenix.] (): The
file SAR-INF/assembly.xml can not be extracted from
the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\assembly.xml
because there is a file in the way.
WARN    2005-08-16 01:37:24.258 [Phoenix.] (): The
file SAR-INF/environment.xml can not be extracted from
the Sar "file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james.sar"
into directory C:\Documents and
Settings\Lanex\Desktop\james\james-2.2.0\james-2.2.0\apps\james\SAR-INF\environment.xml
because there is a file in the way.
ERROR   2005-08-16 01:37:24.379 [Phoenix.] (): Error
building configuration from file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/Lanex/Desktop/james/james-2.2.0/james-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml.
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
../conf/james-fetchmail.xml
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:796)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:725)

Re: Problems starting James

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by zyga lanex <ne...@yahoo.dk>.

Re: Problems starting James