Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Victor, Dwight P CTR DISA PAC" <dw...@disa.mil> on 2010/12/13 19:18:37 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] SetEnv HTTPS on... not working. (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Does this http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#relative work for you?

---
Dwight Victor (Contractor), CISSP, RHCT, SCSECA
DISA-PAC EMSS Gateway Hawaii
EMAIL: dwight.victor.ctr@disa.mil
Posted by Björn Zettergren <bj...@basefarm.se>.
[...]
>> Components:
>> - client
>> - SSL offloader (Apache)
>> - Backend server (Apache)
>>
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTPS} !=on
>> RewriteRule (.*) https://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

I'm not sure if you've recieved an answer for this, but you could set a
new header in the SSL-Offloader if the incomming request is indeed
https, for example "RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-SSL %{HTTPS}e env=HTTPS".

Then in your backend application server you can check
%{HTTP:X-Forwarded-SSL} in your RewriteCond.

/Björn

Re: [users@httpd] SetEnv HTTPS on... not working. (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by Mxrgus Pxrt <ma...@tione.eu>.
Hey!

Thank you for your reply, but the link that you refered, does not
contain answer to my question. (It spoke about how to rewrite to
https:// if request URL was containing "_https" postfix. I would want to
know: how could I get environment value changed in apache server behing
SSL offloader?)

Kaikki kunnossa,
Margus