Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 16:18:53 UTC

An lot of these messages getting through

Hi, List, could somebody run these messages trhough SA and give me the
scores? On my servers they aren't scoring much, as you can see from the
headers added by SA. Any special rules to catch them?

Thanks,

Luis
GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...

Re: An lot of these messages getting through

Posted by Bill Randle <bi...@neocat.org>.
On Fri, March 30, 2007 9:32 am, D Ivago wrote:
> 2007/3/30, Bill Randle <bi...@neocat.org>:
>

>> Yes, I created them by hand.
>>

>> -Bill
>>

> Bill, do we need to add these lines in local.cf?
>

> at the moment I just add every domainname of  every stock mail that gets
> in my inbox but that's not really working great <duh>
>
> blacklist_from *altimawebsystems.com blacklist_from *ngt.net blacklist_from
> *ntertops.com
> blacklist_from *orientalimage.com blacklist_from *quipusbolivia.org
> blacklist_from *capitalmonitor.com blacklist_from *cbmpos.com
> blacklist_from *gloverstamp.com blacklist_from *netearth.net blacklist_from
> *hanryu.com
>

> grtz, divago
>
> ps I was wondering if these spammers are also subscribed to this list?
> cuz it's quite easy like this for them to see wich methods are the most
> efficient ... at least for some time :)

Yes, add them to local.cf and, if you're using amavisd or spamd, restart
them so they load the new rules. I usually end up creating new rules for
each of these penny stock spams. Your blacklist approach is obviously
another way to do it.

I've heard that spammers do read this list and yes they do modify their
messages when new rules are added. It's a never ending battle.

    -Bill

Re: An lot of these messages getting through

Posted by D Ivago <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Randle <bi...@neocat.org>.
On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 12:35 -0300, Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:
> Thanks, these Stocks Du Jour rules have been created by you, aren't
> they? or is there a script to create/download them?

Yes, I created them by hand.

    -Bill

Posted by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Randle <bi...@neocat.org>.