Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/12 00:38:33 UTC

Next Excalibur Release

I know we just had a release, but if I recall there was some talk
about wrapping up some miscelleanous bug fixes shortly afterwards.
We've also got a request for getting everything to build under Maven 2
and I'd like to see a full "platform" distribution.  Does anyone else
see the need for a release, maybe in January or February?  If so, can
we start working towards that?  Anyone else have thoughts on a release
schedule?

--
  jaaron

Re: Next Excalibur Release

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

J Aaron Farr wrote:
> On 12/12/05, Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> wrote:
>
>> I have completed the maven2 integration yesterday. To get a better
>> overview i have put the whole of excalibur under continuum  control [1].
>
> Cool.  I had trouble building with maven2 over the weekend.  For
> example, maven couldn't seem to find a version of saxon that was
> needed.  If there are any special steps that need to be taken to build
> with maven2, could you document that somewhere?

I had accidentally removed the cvs.apache.org repository definition in
the root pom.xml, should be fine now.

> I'll look over the group id's.  I would like to get m2 in the next release.

Thanks!

Jorg

Re: Next Excalibur Release

Posted by J Aaron Farr <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Next Excalibur Release

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I know we just had a release, but if I recall there was some talk
> about wrapping up some miscelleanous bug fixes shortly afterwards.
> We've also got a request for getting everything to build under Maven 2
> and I'd like to see a full "platform" distribution.  Does anyone else

I have completed the maven2 integration yesterday. To get a better
overview i have put the whole of excalibur under continuum  control [1].

> see the need for a release, maybe in January or February?  If so, can
> we start working towards that?  Anyone else have thoughts on a release
> schedule?

Cocoon will be relying on the m2 based artifacts only, so it would be
good to get the m2 artifacts in the official release process as well.
The artifacts have a different groupId than the current ones, see [2].
Have a look at these groupIds and let me know if they're ok, especially
with regards to the "avalon" naming which I didn't want to change.

On a a side note: there are few projects with failing tests (orange
icons), perhaps this should be looked at as well before the next release.

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org:7532/continuum/servlet/continuum
[2] http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/