Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/21 05:09:01 UTC

Stub class changes

Hi Susantha,
   You have changed the signature of the signature of Stub constructor from:
Stub(const char *pcEndPointUri) to
Stub(const char *pcEndPointUri, AXIS_PROTOCOL_TYPE eProtocol)

    This has made the stubBase test case in tesst forlder fail to compile.

    I tried to get the test working, however you have not documented the eProtocol parameter, and
I find it difficult to find what parameter values I should be passing.

   Could you please document the parameter.

    Also, is it a must to specify a protocol? cant we assume a default?

Samisa...

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Re: Stub class changes

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 09:09, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Hi Susantha,
>    You have changed the signature of the signature of Stub constructor from:
> Stub(const char *pcEndPointUri) to
> Stub(const char *pcEndPointUri, AXIS_PROTOCOL_TYPE eProtocol)
>
>     This has made the stubBase test case in tesst forlder fail to compile.
>
>     I tried to get the test working, however you have not documented the eProtocol parameter, and
> I find it difficult to find what parameter values I should be passing.
>
>    Could you please document the parameter.

Done.
>     Also, is it a must to specify a protocol? cant we assume a default?

Done. Now the generated C++ stubs use HTTP by default.

Thanks samisa for early reporting the bug.

Susantha
---

Re: Stub class changes

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Fixed.

Thanks for quick testing and reporting the problem.

Susantha
---

Re: Stub class changes

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

OK, so more API changes have happened !

This brings up the question of exactly when are we going to stop changing
the API. We must make this API concrete NOW so that people don't have to
rewrite their code. There seems to be a fundamental problem with the object
model if we have to keep doing things like this to add in more function.
Are we happy with the overall object model now or do we see more change
ahead?

John Hawkins

             "Sanjiva
             Weerawarana"
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             21/06/2004 04:55                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Stub class changes
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

Guys, design changes like this should be proposed/explained
*before* they're implemented .. that would've prevented this
kind of problems.

Sanjiva.

Re: Stub class changes

Re: Stub class changes

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I am unable to create header blocks. The stub fails. This functioanlity was tested by me two weeks
ago and it was working without problems. I think Roshan tested as well.

Unfortunately moving the logic to Call class has made the functionality not to work. I am
disaapointed for the third time that working pice of code that I wrote has been made non
functional due to changes done over them.

I thought there is some unit testing in place to make sure the changes are working, before
commiting them. I am using Linux platform. Is it working on windows at least? (I do not think so.)

Re: Stub class changes

#0  0x4005b998 in Call::createHeaderBlock(char*, char*) (this=0x804cd50, pachLocalName=0x804a9aa
"TestHeader",
    pachUri=0x804a760 "http://ws.apache.org/axisCppTest/") at Call.cpp:580
#1  0x4005cfd2 in Stub::createSOAPHeaderBlock(char*, char*) (this=0xbfffe7f0,
#2  0x08048ee0 in strcpy ()
#3  0x42015574 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb)