Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 10:41:06 UTC

Maven 2 Archetype Plugin & Release 2.0.8

Hi there,

Can anyone suggest what will be the expected state of the maven
archetype plugin when
maven 2.0.8 is released?  I am really interested in trying out the
'create-from-project' goal.  I have been putting off trying it out
becuase I am under the impression that a lot of work is still being
completed on the plugin?

Many thanks
Trent

Re: Maven 2 Archetype Plugin & Release 2.0.8

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/1, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>:

> On 1 Nov 07, at 5:25 AM 1 Nov 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
> > The archetype plugin is released independently of Maven - so it won't
> > change the state. The revised architecture of archetype is available
> > on the archetypeng branch if you'd like to test it out and provide
> > feedback, however I don't believe it is yet fully backwards compatible
> > (though I'm not sure).
> >

> In fully backward compatible with respect to consuming Archetypes that
> have been made with the first version of Archetype. So you can make
> Archetypes using the old method by hand, or you can create them
> automatically. There are a few hiccups left to fix, and I'm hoping
> we'll release a version by ApacheCon. The version is quite nifty.
Hi guys,

When is apache con ?

how many time left do we have to finish ?

Raphaël

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/archetypeng/

by backwards compat, I was referring to with archetypes and the
behaviour of the current archetype plugin. It should work with any
version of Maven however.

- Brett

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The archetype plugin is released independently of Maven - so it won't
change the state. The revised architecture of archetype is available
on the archetypeng branch if you'd like to test it out and provide
feedback, however I don't believe it is yet fully backwards compatible
(though I'm not sure).

- Brett

On 01/11/2007, Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone suggest what will be the expected state of the maven
> archetype plugin when
> maven 2.0.8 is released?  I am really interested in trying out the
> 'create-from-project' goal.  I have been putting off trying it out
> becuase I am under the impression that a lot of work is still being
> completed on the plugin?
>
> Many thanks
> Trent

Brett Porter