Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/14 05:44:51 UTC

Re: OM 3.2.1 Database Access via phpMyAdmin

Hello Tom,

Nothing has changed (I'm using "raw DB access" to check things.
Maybe you have several DB nodes? Could you check using your active
persistence.xml?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM 3.2.1 Database Access via phpMyAdmin

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tom.

the steps are simple:
1) go to your current OM folder
2) go to webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/
3) print file persistence.xml (using tail or cat for ex.)
4) check the line:  "
Url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openmeetings?
.............................."

In this URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/*openmeetings *
openmeetings is the name of DB
You might have multiple DBes hosted on same MySQL server :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM 3.2.1 Database Access via phpMyAdmin

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Please see inlile

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Tom Wagner <tw...@snarkboojum.com> wrote:
> Hi Maxim,
>
> Finally back with this issue, which I tabled as I didn't want to poke around
> a working install just before a series of webinars. =-O
>
> Apparently during the upgrade, the old persistence.xlm specifying mySQL as
> the database was overwritten with the Derby default.  Then I blithely
> restored my configs and data from backup, which got read into the new Derby
> instance and left the mySQL instance orphaned.
>
> I'm thinking that all I need to do to correct this is make a backup of the
> current conf/data, change my persistence.xml, and restore.  Any gotchas you
> have for me before I try this?

Correct.

> Also thinking that I need the following protocol for upgrades:
>
> take OM backup && update OM && edit/restore overwritten persistence.xml &&
> restore OM backup.
>
> If this proves to be the case, can/shall I add this advice to update how-to
> documentation.

I would love to get documentation clarification
I'm not native speaker

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax