Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by "Zhang, Gina" <gi...@tekcomms.com> on 2013/02/27 19:01:07 UTC

Can't find socket library on Solaris

Hi,

I am trying to compile zookeeper on Solaris. It does not build on it.
When I run ./configure, it could not find socket library.
Also it has problem in a number of other places because the functions have different signatures on Linux and Solaris.

On ZooKeeper page, it says it supports Solaris. Why do I have all this issues?
Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Regards,
Gina Zhang

Re: Can't find socket library on Solaris

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi Gina,

Could you open a jira for this? The solaris build has been failing for
a while (before getting to c client compilation phase), and it's
possible that things got broken unnoticed. Also, it would be great if
you can help fix this as I don't have a solaris build environment.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER

Thanks!
--Michi