Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pedro Sousa <pe...@link.pt> on 2003/06/06 17:41:36 UTC

Change Parsers

Hi,

    I'm trying to make axis use another parser like xerces for example but it keeps using the Crimson that comes with the jdk1.4 runtime (rt.jar).

I copy the xerces.jar and the xercesSamples.jar to the web-ref\lib and when i run a web service in axis i'm getting an exception:

    stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element is missing.

    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3182)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3170)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:501)
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)

So i believe that Axis is still using the crimson parser that gets loaded with the jdk runtime. I'm i correct ? if so how can i tell axis NOT to use crimson and use Xerces instead.

Tnks in advance,

Pedro Sousa