Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Juan Ignacio Velez <ve...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/12 20:18:13 UTC

UIMAFIT Problem

Hi, i have a problem developing a web service tool with uimafit. I have
this error in eclipse:

org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Undefined type
"edu.isistan.uima.unified.typesystems.srs.Project" in type priority list.
(Descriptor: <unknown>)

The problem is that the descriptor of the types that JCas may use it's not
found. I read and the most common answer is that the folder that contains
the descriptors have to go in /META-INF folder. But nothing happend. I'll
appreciate your help. Sorry about my english.

Juan Velez

Re: UIMAFIT Problem

Posted by Alexandre Patry <al...@keatext.com>.
On 12/03/2014 15:18, Juan Ignacio Velez wrote:
> Hi, i have a problem developing a web service tool with uimafit. I have
> this error in eclipse:
>
> org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Undefined type
> "edu.isistan.uima.unified.typesystems.srs.Project" in type priority list.
> (Descriptor: <unknown>)
>
> The problem is that the descriptor of the types that JCas may use it's not
> found. I read and the most common answer is that the folder that contains
> the descriptors have to go in /META-INF folder. But nothing happend. I'll
> appreciate your help. Sorry about my english.
Not exactly. You must add a reference to your typesystems in a file
named /META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/types.txt. Look at
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-current/tools.uimafit.book.html#d5e137
for an example.

Hope this help,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Patry, Ph.D
Chercheur / Researcher

Re: UIMAFIT Problem

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
I have already been using uimaFIT on Tomcat and with web applications, so
that should just work nicely.

What exactly are you putting into the types.txt file?

Where does the types.txt file end up when your web application is deployed?

Is it on the file system or in a JAR? What exact folder is it in?

Cheers,

—- Richard