Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/06/05 04:54:33 UTC

roadmap for 0.16?

Hi,

I went through JIRA and did this:
- anything that was set to affect 0.14, I set to fix for 0.14, so it
keeps the rest of JIRA a bit clearer.
- closed a couple of old ones out
- marked 0.15 as released

Now, what should be included in 0.16? Should it be a list of features
from 0.14 to finish porting, or a subset of those? For that matter,
what will NMaven 1.0 be?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 05/06/2008, at 3:32 PM, Shane Isbell wrote:

> For 0.16:
> Features currently in trunk:
> * NUnit (Evan completed this but still need to fully test)
> * More Archetypes (already have a number of new ones)

Cool.

> Partial:
> * Toolchain - I implemented this off of the work in 2.0.x branch but
> need to
> test out with the latest 2.0.9 release.

It didn't change much, so I think it should be ok. Worth checking.

> New 0.16+
> Plugins: We have a number of plugins in 0.14 that are not in 0.16:
> fxcop,
> xsd, wsdl. Sandcastle plugin would also be a big plus. Wix for Windows
> Installer generation would also be useful.

xsd and wsdl would be the most important ones, right?

Is the current wix plugin (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/nmaven/trunk/plugins/maven-dotnet-wix-plugin/
) functional?

> Languages: VB.NET
> Visual Studio: The goal here would be to port (or rewrite where
> necessary)
> the 0.15 work to trunk. Personally, I think the easiest thing to do
> is to
> start with the cs project generators. Also we need to find out what
> would be
> reusable for VS 2008.

Makes sense. It seems like maybe a near term 0.16 release that has
nunit, archetypes and toolchains would be worthwhile, and moving
forward with the others in subsequent releases?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Erik Ramfelt <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After lurking in the ml for a while, I can take a look at helping out
> with the fxcop plugin. It doesnt seem that complex, so perhaps it can
> be a good starting point for me. Is there a branch for 0.16+ or is it
> trunk?

Welcome!  The trunk is currently 0.16-incubating-SNAPSHOT, so that's
the best place to start.

(There was a 0.15 release, and there is a branch for 0.14 which is
being maintained until all of its features re-appear on trunk.)

--
Wendy

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Erik Ramfelt <er...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For 0.16:
> Features currently in trunk:
> * NUnit (Evan completed this but still need to fully test)
> * More Archetypes (already have a number of new ones)
>
> Partial:
> * Toolchain - I implemented this off of the work in 2.0.x branch but need to
> test out with the latest 2.0.9 release.
>
> New 0.16+
> Plugins: We have a number of plugins in 0.14 that are not in 0.16: fxcop,
> xsd, wsdl. Sandcastle plugin would also be a big plus. Wix for Windows
> Installer generation would also be useful.

After lurking in the ml for a while, I can take a look at helping out
with the fxcop plugin. It doesnt seem that complex, so perhaps it can
be a good starting point for me. Is there a branch for 0.16+ or is it
trunk?

Im new to maven development so Im trying to figure out what the fxcop
plugin outputs. Fxcopcmd will write to an XML file, but can that be
displayed through the plugin?

I think StyleCop would be a nice plugin addition as well.

regards
//Erik

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
For 0.16:

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Oh there it is.  Either I was looking at a cached version of the site, or
there have been updates, because I totally missed that.  That looks good and
will help us focus on the features for 0.16.

Thanks!
Evan

Re: roadmap for 0.16?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.