Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/12 23:07:51 UTC

Unable to retrieve table metadata from hcatalog

I am using GoldenGate to send data real time from Oracle table to Hive.

It tries to read table metadata using HCat but fails as below:

*ERROR 2017-05-12 22:45:52,700 [main] Unable to retrieve table matadata.
Table : oraclehadoop.bigtab*

*org.apache.hive.hcatalog.common.HCatException : 9001 : Exception occurred
while processing HCat request : NoSuchObjectException while fetching
table.. Cause : NoSuchObjectException(message:oraclehadoop.bigtab table not
found) **at
org.apache.hive.hcatalog.api.HCatClientHMSImpl.getTable(HCatClientHMSImpl.java:175)*

        at
oracle.goldengate.mdp.hive.HiveMetaDataProvider.resolve(HiveMetaDataProvider.java:91)

        at
oracle.goldengate.datasource.metadata.provider.TargetMetaDataStore.retrieveMetaData(TargetMetaDataStore.java:73)

        at
oracle.goldengate.datasource.UserExitDataSource.getMetaData(UserExitDataSource.java:2133)

Caused by: NoSuchObjectException(message:oraclehadoop.bigtab table not
found)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.get_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:1885)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.get_table(HiveMetaStore.java:1838)

        at

        at

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invokeInternal(RetryingHMSHandler.java:138)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(RetryingHMSHandler.java:99)

        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy13.get_table(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.getTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:1228)

        at
org.apache.hive.hcatalog.api.HCatClientHMSImpl.getTable(HCatClientHMSImpl.java:168)

I am not that familiar with HCat. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: Unable to retrieve table metadata from hcatalog

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
yes I do it is there

Posted by Per Ullberg <pe...@klarna.com>.

--

*Per Ullberg*
Data Vault Tech Lead

Klarna AB (publ)
Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm
Tel: +46 8 120 120 00 <javascript:void(0);>
Reg no: 556737-0431
klarna.com