Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 1999/07/10 09:37:29 UTC

Re: ISP education

    J> And nothing is going to help like education.

Once we have something to write about ;) I may be able to help: We are
planning a line of "Enterprise Applications" guides, likely published
by the Waite Group Press, in about the same timeframe of all this. I
see an ISP Guide as one place where this topic can be explained to a
wide audience.  When we're ready, I can certainly put together the
deal with the Waite Group if people are willing to contribute their
expertise (we're discussing having these books licenced under the OPL
so the material could go back to the Jakarta site just as we have done
for our current Debian Unleashed project)

Having Sun convince a major ISP to endorse the technology might help,
although having Canada's largest ISP using Jserv for their portal site
hasn't convinced anyone in this country (to my knowledge).  Even so,
once the lesser ISPs can see it in action on a respected site, they
still need good tutorial material to show them how it is done.

(anyone interested in our opensource documentation projects can read
 all about it at http://www.teledyn.com/authors.shtml)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc
Business Telecom Services : Internet Consulting : http://www.teledyn.com