Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net> on 2009/12/30 01:23:06 UTC

Access to session when testing with PageTester?

In another thread I read that the HTTP session is simulated by PageTester. In
the other thread someone showed that you can get the ApplicationStateManager
and use @SessionState objects.

I'm writing a test that needs to set an attribute to the session so that
security code can access that attribute. The security code looks like this:

AuthenticationToken token = (AuthenticationToken)
requestGlobals.getRequest().getSession(true).getAttribute(AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN)

and is inside a service that gets the RequestGlobals injected via its
constructor.

Can I get access to the session and set an attribute when using PageTester?

I've tried:

RequestGlobals requestGlobals = tester.getService(RequestGlobals.class) ;

but requestGlobals.getRequest() and requestGlobals.getHTTPServletRequest()
both return null.

Thanks for helping out.

Stephan

-----