Posted to user@commons.apache.org by fl...@tin.it on 2003/08/25 12:40:18 UTC

[BeanUtils] How to set a mapped property when the key contains dots?

hi all,
i'm using BeanUtils.setProperty() inside my application. When property is
mapped and the key contains dots, beanutils thinks the key has nested
properties (which is non-sense to me). Is there a way to escape dots? Why
beanutils tries to access nested properties in a String-based key? Is this a
bug?

example:
environment(java.naming.factory.initial)

btw: the app is called XFP
http://xfp.sourceforge.net

Re: [BeanUtils] How to set a mapped property when the key contains dots?

Posted by Flavio Tordini <fl...@tin.it>.
It works! Thank you so much, robert!

flavio

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi Flavio

Posted by Flavio Tordini <ft...@tiscali.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi

this does look like a a similar issue to #10478.

could try again with a build from CVS HEAD or a recent nightly?

if this is still an issue, then could you please supply a unit test that
demonstrates this bug which you are willing to donate to the ASF.

- robert

Posted by fl...@tin.it.