Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Madars Vitolins <m...@silodev.eu> on 2009/03/18 23:50:29 UTC

"Hacking" Ode

Hello,

I am very new to Ode, but I would like to get into internals of it.
I have general questions to you how do you debug java sources? Do you
use some kind of debugger to attach to the process? Do you use
breakpoints?

How can I debug O* classes? Can I add some logging there (to get output
from compilation and execution)? Is it possible?

Is somewhere available some more advanced code documentation than that
is found on Ode Web (Developer Guide)?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Madars

Re: "Hacking" Ode

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Madars Vitolins <m...@silodev.eu> wrote:

> One more question.
>
> What is normal debugging session for you, while developing Ode?
>
> Currenlty what I do:
>
> 1) Edit the source in Eclipse
> 2) Run in terminal "$ buildr package test=no"
> 3) Copy off the .war file to tomcat webapps
> 4) Run the tomcat
> 5) Deploy my bpel process
> 6) And do some tests ("sendsoap")
>
> This process is time consuming. How do you guys do this?
> Do you run this all stuff from Eclipse? What webserver do you use for
> tests?

We usually rely on test cases that either don't need a web server or
instantiate an embedded one (jetty) just for the duration of the test case.
There are plenty of examples in the axis2-war module for example.

> Is somewhere described detailed configuration for Eclipse? (I use one
> generated from buildr)

We do the same.

Matthieu

Re: "Hacking" Ode