Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Edward Peschko <ed...@excitehome.net> on 2001/02/16 07:26:14 UTC

patch to apxs removing dependency on $PATH

hey all,

Here is a patch for apxs - it basically removes the dependecy for you to have
'apxs' in your path. Instead, it picks up the path from the script itself,
$0.

This helps when you have two apxs's lying around - in my case, one apache had
dso support and the other didn't. And hence when I typed apxs, it picked up
the apxs without dso support and failed.

Ed

(ps - could someone ping me when they get this? I don't seem to be able to
subscribe to the mailing list for some reason. And let me know if this patch
made it? thanks.)

*** src/support/apxs	Wed Feb 14 17:07:08 2001
--- apxs	Thu Feb 15 22:03:39 2001
***************
*** 264,272 ****
--- 264,275 ----
          exit(1);
      }

+     my $dir  = $0; $dir =~ s"(.*)/.*"$1/"g; $dir = '' if (!length($dir));
+
      my $data = join('', <DATA>);
      $data =~ s|%NAME%|$name|sg;
      $data =~ s|%TARGET%|$CFG_TARGET|sg;
+     $data =~ s|%APACHE_BIN%|$dir|sg;

      my ($mkf, $src) = ($data =~ m|^(.+)-=#=-\n(.+)|s);

***************
*** 533,540 ****
  ##

  #   the used tools
! APXS=apxs
! APACHECTL=apachectl

  #   additional user defines, includes and libraries
  #DEF=-Dmy_define=my_value
--- 536,543 ----
  ##

  #   the used tools