Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Aaron Smuts <AS...@therealm.com> on 2001/06/06 18:05:58 UTC

working version of an attribute driven cache

I have a working version of the cache after converting it into an element
attribute driven system.  It has disk spooling, disk defragmentation, remote
storage and synchronization, http lateral multicasting and direct lateral
deleting, cache regional specifications, global defaults, element
attributes, group and region element attribute defaults, session api like
group behavior . . .

I had to take the system which was regionally defined and move the logic to
the element attribute level.  I'm still cleaning it up.  It needs an ant
make and the log needs to be moved to log4j.  Later I can make distribution
and search like appenders that can be replaced.  It isn't that flexible
right now, but is still composite in nature.  Right now I'm working on
remote cache failover and clustering. . .

Where should I send it?

Aaron

Re: working version of an attribute driven cache

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Aaron Smuts wrote:

> I have a working version of the cache after converting it into an element
> attribute driven system.  It has disk spooling, disk defragmentation, remote
> storage and synchronization, http lateral multicasting and direct lateral
> deleting, cache regional specifications, global defaults, element
> attributes, group and region element attribute defaults, session api like
> group behavior . . .
>
> I had to take the system which was regionally defined and move the logic to
> the element attribute level.  I'm still cleaning it up.  It needs an ant
> make and the log needs to be moved to log4j.  Later I can make distribution
> and search like appenders that can be replaced.  It isn't that flexible
> right now, but is still composite in nature.  Right now I'm working on
> remote cache failover and clustering. . .
>
> Where should I send it?

Put it up on a website and post the link here so we can
take a peek at it :-)

> Aaron
>
> >> It seems like this would be a useful addition to Turbine.  I can describe
> >> what I have in mind in more detail if anyone is interested.
>
> >I don't know how I can say this clearly enough...BRING IT ON! :-)
>
> >-jon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: working version of an attribute driven cache

Posted by James Coltman <ja...@majorband.co.uk>.
Aaron,

Have you talked to the guys in the commons project about the stuff they are
doing on caching?

James