Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/12 11:45:22 UTC

2.0.0 release and alpha releases

Hi All,

As result of the release discussion, I started to assign some jira issue
for the next release [1].

I would like to propose to work towards the next (stable) release by
releasing alpha releases (with small updates). As discussed in previous
mails.

The alpha release will be created using the git workflow [2]. Meaning that
a release branch will be created from the develop branch, for alpha release
probably for a short period, which will be eventually pushed to master and
tagged.

I am not sure what we should use for version numbers. My proposal is to use
2.0.0-alpha1, 2.0.0-alpha2, etc.

As roadmap I propose the following:

2.0.0-alpha1
 - Remove APR (CELIX-119)
 - New Depependency Manager (CELIX-210)
2.0.0-alpha2
 - Remote Service Admin with libffi (CELIX-237)
2.0.0-alpha3
  - celix-bootstrap (using RSA libffi / DepMan ) (CELIX-236)
2.0.0-alpha4
  - shell command refactoring (using FILE streams) (CELIX-230)
2.0.0-beta1
   - Major bugs / memory leaks

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CELIX/fixforversion/12325955
[2]
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/gitflow-workflow

Any thoughts / comments?

Greetings,
Pepijn

Re: 2.0.0 release and alpha releases

Posted by Gerrit Binnenmars <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Like the proposal below, very clear!

+1

Only one remark, I would prefer the Config Admin in alpha4

Greetings Gerrit

Posted by Erik Jansman <er...@jansman.eu>.

Hello All,

I wasn't able to respond earlier because of holiday.

Regarding the Event Admin, I have been working on it to remove APR
from it. This posed some problems which I will take care of soon. I
think it is best to remove it from the next release since it will only
delay the release and I don't know when it will be done and tested.

On the rest, it looks like a nice planning to me.

regards,

Erik

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.