Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Geissler <M....@wika.de> on 2005/04/01 09:39:19 UTC

Antw: [RESEND] What have changed since "Cocoon: Building XML Applications" was published?

Hello Elad,

I have also read this book.
As for today there are some important improvements in the cocoon
framework.
Have a look at the samples blocks in cocoon 2.1.7
"Supersonic Tour of Cocoon - Introduction and quick overview of the
Cocoon Power Trio (Pipelines, Flow, Forms) "
There's also a more or less actual german book "Cocoon2 and Tomcat".

Hope this helps a little bit.

Martin

>>> elad.messing@gmail.com Freitag, 1. April 2005 09:18:37 >>>
[Resend from legitimate address]

Hello to all
I am about to start designing and implementing a portal application
using
Cocoon.
In order to do so, I just finished the "Cocoon: Building XML
Applications"
book.
The book offer's you some "best practices" and methodology which gives
me
the feeling I am ready to start and design my application.
Now - I imagine some things have change since the book was published.
wouldn't want to design the application, just to figure out then that
my
chosen methods are long over-due.
I was thinking that maybe, just maybe - some of you had already gone
through
that phase, read the book, collected the missing/outdated data, and can
hand
me a list of items that I should go through before start my design..
I know I am spoiled, but I guess it is worth the shot.. :)
I would off-course appreciate the effort !
Thank you in advance.

Elad