Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <Fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2004/06/09 20:50:41 UTC

Building torque from the cvs

Hi everybody

I am currently trying to build Torque from CVS. I have documented the steps
I have taken in the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/GettingTorqueToWork at the bottom), and I
am able to create both torque.jar and torque-gen.jar. However, I am running
into problems if I am trying to build the complete distributions.
Running "maven dist" in torque's root: maven complains about not finding
the file target/torque-3.2-dev/bin/torque-3.2-dev/torque-3.2-dev.jar.
Running "maven dist" in the src/generator directory: maven complains about
not finding the file or directory src/generator/src/conf/master

I did read the previous discussion about this topic in
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=torque-user@db.apache.org&msgId=1646438,
 but building the maven plugin did not change the error messages.

One peculiarity I observed is that maven tried to read the .cvspass file in
my home directory, which does not exist. But somehow I do not think this is
related to the errors in the build, because the message directly before the
exception is "[echo] generating the changelog report" , then the exception
trace, and after that the message is "ChangeLog found : 9 entries".

I presume that "maven dist" should work in both the torque root directory
as well as in the src/generator directory ??? I am very grateful for any
hints.

   Cheers,

         Thomas