Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com> on 2006/08/14 16:42:37 UTC

Stuck ! (was Re: Doxia module)

Hello,
I still have troubles with doxia while trying to add a new module. I
can see from posts in the users list that other people have troubles
with using non standard modules like twiki.

I tried copying my muse module to doxia-modules, it works fine and
compiles ok, but I am left with the problem of telling maven to use my
version of doxia. I could think of various solutions to this problem,
including full recompilation of maven with modified dependency but I
dont think this is the rigth way: there must be a way to add a plexus
component to a system without recompiling everything. After all, this
is the whole point of component based software engineering !

So I am asking my question again: How can I add a new module
(ie. input file format) to doxia in such a way that this format can be
used to document a project in maven ? I suspect this has something to
do with injecting a new plexus component, which may be something that
is done when a jar or classpath entry is loadedd ( ? maybe through
classworlds).

Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated as I desperately
want  this plugin to work.

thx,

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.

Re: Stuck !

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
"Juan F. Codagnone" <ju...@users.sourcerforge.net> writes:

> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Juan,

> I think that what you are missing is to add an <extensions> to your pom.

I tried this but it does not work. See
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-68, my problem is similar.

> your jar has the plexus xml?

Yes :-)

Actually, I posted a (ugly) workaround on the users list yesterday and
I while file a jira issue.

Thanks for caring to answer anyway,

Re: Stuck ! (was Re: Doxia module)

Posted by "Juan F. Codagnone" <ju...@users.sourcerforge.net>.
Hi Arnaud,

I think that what you are missing is to add an <extensions> to your pom.
For example for twiki (is not distributed in maven-2.0.4) i do:

did you tried to put something like
  <build>
    <extensions>
     <extension>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
       <artifactId>doxia-module-muse</artifactId>
       <version>xxxx</version>
     </extension>
    </extensions>
  </build>