Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by aplessers <dr...@pandora.be> on 2002/07/01 23:36:46 UTC

problem installing Apache::PHP on Windows

I've installed the perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe. I've three folders apache,
perl and open ssl. When I want to run apache it is saying that it
cannot load the module mod_perl.so into the server. The module path
is correctly set in the http.conf and the file is present.
What could be wrong?

Thanks very much!

Re: problem installing Apache::PHP on Windows

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
aplessers wrote:
> I've installed the perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe. I've three folders apache,
> perl and open ssl. When I want to run apache it is saying that it
> cannot load the module mod_perl.so into the server. The module path
> is correctly set in the http.conf and the file is present.
> What could be wrong?

Try restarting your computer.  This is often necessary on
windows computers for the changes to PATH to take effect.
Make sure that you did update PATH according to the directions
provided with the perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe distribution ( last I
remember anyway ).

If you continue to have problems, please write what the
error message is exactly regarding cannot load the module mod_perl.so.
Often with the PATH problem for example, there is a dialog box
that will pop up saying some kind of loading problem.

Regards,

Josh