Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ping235 <pi...@126.com> on 2006/09/13 09:35:34 UTC

How to setting SVN + ssh server on Win32 ?

Can anyone give me an instruct regard of how to settings a SVN + ssh server on win32?
thanks.

Re: How to setting SVN + ssh server on Win32 ?

Posted by si <ss...@gmail.com>.

http://tortoisesvn.net/ssh_and_ssl

Re: How to setting SVN + ssh server on Win32 ?

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.
On 9/14/2006 12:59 AM, ping235 wrote:
> > Thanks,

> > I start svnserve -d on WinXP as server, it works,

You don't need the server running as a service.  svn will start it just
for the duration of the transaction.

> > (the svnserve.exe and repos are on the same drive D:)
> > then do: svn ls svn://admin@192.0.0.1/Temp/SVN/test , it works fine
also.
> > but, when i do: svn ls svn+ssh://admin@192.0.0.1/Temp/SVN/test , it
tells me:
> > svn: Can't create tunnel

It sounds as though ssh is not running properly.  If you run

ssh admin@192.0.0.1

do you get a connection?  (If not, you might need to play with the
SVN_SSH environment variable, or some entry in a config file on the
client.)  Once you're on that connection, is svnserve on
your path?  (If not, change the PATH on the server.)

Duncan Murdoch

Re: Re: How to setting SVN + ssh server on Win32 ?

Posted by ping235 <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.
On 9/14/2006 11:32 PM, ping235 wrote:
>> Thanks,
>>
>>> I'd try to get plain command-line svn working first. TortoiseSVN
>>> supplies its own ssh client (a customized version of plink) so if you
>>> use it, you can't tell whether the problem is with the ssh connection,
>>> with the svn server, or with Tortoise, and that makes it a lot harder to
>>> diagnose. With the command line client, you can test all the pieces
>>> separately.
>> I start svnserve -d on WinXP as server, it works,
>
>> You don't need the server running as a service.  ssh will start it just
>> for the duration of the transaction.
>
>> (the svnserve.exe and repos are on the same drive D:)
>> then do: svn ls svn://admin@192.0.0.1/Temp/SVN/test , it works fine also.
>> but, when i do: svn ls svn+ssh://admin@192.0.0.1/Temp/SVN/test , it tells me:
>> svn: Can't create tunnel
>
>> It sounds as though ssh is not running on the the client or server.  If
>> you run
>> ssh admin@192.0.0.1
>> do you get a connection?
> it tells me: "can not create /home/Admin/.svn",

Then you've got something wrong with your ssh setup.  It shouldn't be
trying to create a .svn subdirectory, unless you've got some special
code in your authorized keys file.

Get this command to work, and the rest may follow.

Duncan Murdoch

Posted by ping235 <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.

Posted by ping235 <pi...@126.com>.

Posted by Robert Denton <ro...@headsprout.com>.
I just got struggling with this. Getting Apache and OpenSSL to both
work together on a windows server is a hugh PITA.  Extremely
frustrating if you try to follow the blogs and online guides, etc.
Most of them are just worthless.  I ended up scraping most of what I
had done, and downloaded Hunter's Apache+SSL zip file, and used it.
It worked immediately and perfectly, once I changed the few relavant
lines in ssl.conf and httpd.conf.  I don't have the link right now,
but just search for hunter and apache and you will find it.

Robert Denton
Network Administrator
Headsprout
800.401.5062 x1305
www.headsprout.com

Posted by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com>.
Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> ping235 wrote:
>> Can anyone give me an instruct regard of how to settings a SVN + ssh server on win32?
>>
> Have you set up an ssh server on the machine? If so, then all you need
> to do is make sure that when you ssh into it, svnserve is on the path.
> Subversion will do the rest.
>
> Setting up the ssh server can be a little tricky, but there are various
> instructions on the web; I did it using OpenSSH in Cygwin, but there are
> other possibilities.

Such as the cwRSync project:

http://www.itefix.no/cwrsync/

Re: How to setting SVN + ssh server on Win32 ?

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.